Photo by: Scott Webb
1. Lake Mead – Grab some friends this summer (preferably ones with a boat) and head to your nearest watering hole at Lake Mead. With temperatures on the rise, Lake Mead is the perfect getaway with it only being 24 miles outside of the city and cooling off is just a short drive away. From jet skiing and wakeboarding to working on that summer glow, Lake Mead is a great way to spend the day.
2. Sprinkles cupcakes, and ice cream – Although their infamous cupcakes are seen everywhere (see cupcake ATM at the Linq and basically every celebrity anywhere) – Sprinkles ice cream is the perfect way to indulge this summer. The Sprinkles Sundae is the ultimate sweet treat, with a scoop of ice cream in between a signature cupcake and new flavors being introduced monthly. Try the malted milk chocolate and red velvet to start, you deserve it!
3. Hike at Mount Charleston – Get off the strip and ditch the heat at Mount Charleston with cooler temperatures, great scenery and notable hiking trails. Travelers can be mountainside with a quick drive, only 35 miles outside of Las Vegas. Spring and summer are ideal times to catch a cool breeze and the best waterfall viewing at Mary Jane Falls.
4. Happy Hour at Double Helix Wine & Whiskey Lounge – Staying hydrated is key for Las Vegas summers. Double Helix has happy hour seven days a week with bites starting at $4 and drink specials that include beer, wine and cocktails starting at $3. The patio is pet-friendly and features cooling misters for the perfect way to people watch during these hot Las Vegas summer nights.
5. Take in a movie at Downtown Summerlin – Catch this summer’s blockbusters in the new Regal Cinemas at 5. 5. Downtown Summerlin that feature a few luxury extras for its movie-goers. King size luxury recliners with a full bar and plentiful food selections take this theater up a notch and make it the perfect summer afternoon or date night destination.
6. Brunch at Morels French Steakhouse & Bistro – Seriously cannot go wrong with bottomless mimosas, a handcrafted Bloody Mary cart and strip views from the patio. The Dungeness crab oscar benedict and cast iron turkey hash are two must-have brunch items that you’ll want to go back for.
7. Take a road trip – The beach is a short drive away and totally worth venturing out of the desert for. When the heat gets a bit too much, Southern California is a nice escape for some sun and sand. While everyone is heading into Las Vegas for a crazy weekend, you can head out for a well-deserved weekend of relaxation.